26 March 2010

Ribbon

I have a weakness for ribbon - all ribbon. Solid, striped, polka-dotted, plaid. Silk satin, grosgrain, paper, velvet. Skinny, wide, ric-racked. Stiff or slithery. I have no bias. I love it all equally!

I must admit though, that apart from using it for wrapping a package, using it in jewelry, or tying up loose locks, I had no idea what else to do with. And there are so many wonderful ribbon crafts. A whole host of ways for me to justify my ribbon indulgence! Let's take a look at some of the wonderful etsy sellers who create with ribbon.

First, a simple, classic white dress is made even more perfect by the addition of an ombre ribbon strap. This comes from the shop of talented Canadian fashion designer, tangente.

I am swooning over the simply wonderful ribbon embroidery from bstudio. My goodness, how did I not know that the combination of embroidery and ribbon was possible? The result is gorgeous. Here a cornflower blue pillow has been gussied up with a simple climbing vine of white flowers and fluttery butterflies.

Now here is a very pretty, and very simple idea. This is one of those, "why didn't I think of this" type things. Crisp organic cotton pillow cases are given a ribbon tie at the open end. Practical, yet whimsical. These can be found in the shop of ERLdesigns.

Fun for kids (or gymnasts), come these wonderful ribbon wands. The wands are a waldorf-inspired toy, made by Syrendell.

Aren't these items gorgeous? Do you have any favorite ribbon crafts?

No comments: