21 February 2010

Neapolitan Ice Cream

I love ice cream. But, I like only two-thirds of a scoop of Neapolitan ice-cream. Chocolate - good. Vanilla - good. Strawberry - meh, no thank you.

In fact, once when I was a child I was invited to a birthday party. Cake and ice-cream naturally were on the menu. What a disappointment though to learn that the ice cream in question was the ubiquitous Neapolitan. Having been taught that it is rude to not eat everything that you are served by your host, I was at a loss. Cake and two-thirds of my ice cream eaten, I was left with the dilemma of what to do with this pink blob, that due to the nearby fireplace was rapidly melting into a thick messy puddle. hhhmmmmm... that fireplace could be pretty handy. When no one was looking, I slyly slid the remaining blob into the fire and proudly presented my cleaned plate to the hostess. I was praised for cleaning my plate as opposed to all the other children who had left large melty pink puddles upon their own.

Flavour aside, I do still love the colour combination of brown, pink and white. The inventor of this ice cream certainly got that aspect right. Clearly, I'm not the only one who agrees. Following, some etsy sellers who pay homage to this popular ice cream flavour!

These daintily scalloped hearts capture not just the Neapolitan colours, but also the scents . You can find these in the etsy shop of SoStinkingSweet. (Great shop name!)

No secret that I am a bit of stationery junkie, and this personalized set from FreshlySkweezed makes me feel more than just a little squidgy inside.

For something completely different, how about this fascinator/mini veil as a wedding accessory. I love it! I just really do think that Canadians should embrace the British tradition of buying and wearing hats for fancy occasions. I really think such a trend could work for me. This delightful accessory was found in the shop of hairbowswonderworld.

Mix the pretty colours of Neapolitan with the sweetness of love birds, and you have the cutest clutch in town. This clutch was designed by BrianaEdelmanDesigns.

Finally, how could we celebrate the ice cream of our childhood without included a mini item. These super-adorable baby shoes are handcrafted by smallbeansbaby.

Well, that's it. Strangely, I have a craving that needs to be fulfilled.

2 comments:

Andromache said...

I never liked the chocolate in neapolitan!! lol

OneCraftyFox said...

So, so pretty! And that vanilla role looks delish ;)