4 March 2009

Walking the Aisle

In a perfect world, where stress doesn't exist, money grows on trees, and the term bridezilla has never been imagined, I would walk the aisle every week. I love the visual stimulation of weddings. I love the flowers, the dresses, the decorations, the food, the cakes, the accessories, the favours. The only thing that I didn't like about getting married myself, was I only got to choose one of everything. One dress, one floral bouquet, one cake. And that is why I would do it all again and again and again. I would be happy to stick with my same groom, but I would choose different colours, dresses, flowers, themes, each and every time. There are just so many beautiful things available, and it seems a shame that you only get the one go at it.

With wedding season approaching here in North America, I am slowly building a bridal boutique within my etsy shop. Today I added the first piece, specifically created for this.

Personally, pearls always seem to be the quintessential bridal accessory - classic, feminine and romantic. With pearls as a main focus, and using a variety of complementary materials I have created, I hope, a simply stunning bridal piece. It has a distinct vintage feel, with all the romance of a bygone era.




The classic pearls in strands of white and pink are wrapped in antiqued brass, and a single Swarovski bead dangles to give a little shine. The middle strand of pink pearls is hung asymmetrical for eye-catching detail.

I think it would look stunning with a very simply draped gown, in soft flowing fabrics. Any type of open neckline would welcome this piece gladly. This beautiful gown by CiCiBridal on etsy is a wonderful example.

I plan to expand my bridal section on etsy as the days go by. Please keep checking back.

No comments: