12 August 2008

Sports.

Its time for the Olympics. The next two weeks will bring the most sports coverage I will watch until Vancouver 2010.

Personally, I'm not sporty. Its not that I don't want to be, but the sad truth is I am small and really rather clumsy. That greatly diminishes my odds of excelling at anything that involves strength or agility, or in other words, most sports. My biggest handicap however, comes from a inherent skittishness. Far too many sports involve something coming at you at a very high speed, or someone trying to hit you. Thank you very kindly, but I don't think I want to put myself into the path of any sort of projectile. I mean really, doesn't that just seem like good common sense?

I'm content for now to let others excel at faster, higher, stronger. I have made my peace with dawdling, low-to-the-ground and, weak as a kitten.

I wish our wonderful Canadian athletes much success in Beijing!

2 comments:

Sara M. said...

It really is good common sense! haha!

Unknown said...

Everyone has strong attributes and just cuz yours isn't sports, no worries my good friend. You excel in other ways they cannot. And speaking of kittens...since you did in your blog in a round about way...well sort of ...did you check out my blog about kittens yesterday? They look quite adventurous and almost ferocious for little tykes in such a big world. I'd love it if you checked it out. thanks! Yay, to the Olympians!!! I'm watching too btw.